Nowadays, the compensation received as a result of traffic incidents, which have been prepared and planned in detail, is increasingly being observed, which testifies to actions of organized criminal groups. Losses are particularly severe for insurers, as this group only knows the basic methods of detecting insurance crimes, which allows criminals to develop their businesses on a wider scale. The project is a response to social problems and needs related to the growing phenomenon of insurance crime, globalization of criminal phenomena, while at the same time aiming to protect the interests of participants in the insurance market and citizens. The phenomenon of insurance crime has a negative impact on all insured through influence on insurance premiums, which must be calculated adequately to the level of compensation paid, which is affected by compensation resulting from criminal activities. In addition, the project responds to the following important problems and social needs indirectly related to the phenomenon of insurance crime:
- Losses incurred by the injured in transport events related, for example, to the phenomenon of evasion of motor vehicle owners from the conclusion of an Liability Agreement, and thus incomplete compensation for losses.
- Losses incurred by vehicle buyers in the form of an inflated price compared to the real value of the purchase, due to the lack of information about the Significant Damages Status, ignorance of the history of the vehicle and its registration status.
- The unsatisfactory level of road safety in Poland, remaining well below the level of developed EU countries, resulting in damage to health or loss of life of road traffic participants.
The observed manifestation of social demand for urgent actions improving and creating new qualitative services in the areas described above are the growing statistics of queries addressed to UFG and the UFG Portal users' activity related to access to information required or useful in processes related to the avoidance, prevention and prosecution of insurance crime. The problem of globalization of criminal phenomena is also the subject of cooperation with international institutions, in particular through the participation of UFG in the Working Group on Insurance Crime Cases based in Brussels.
The project will create specialized IT and organizational solutions providing e-services that, together with complementary activities, will significantly contribute to improving the situation in all identified areas where social and economic problems have been identified, in particular:
- The development of methods for identification and verification of insurance crime phenomena will allow competent institutions to respond more effectively to new crimes resulting from the development of criminal methods, and thus to limit the scale of these phenomena.
- The new high-level UFG e-services will allow for a low-cost and effective service of a growing number of cases of citizens, entrepreneurs and public institutions that are beneficiaries of the project, thus contributing to the reduction of the impact of insurance crime phenomena.
- The use of extensive databases and the knowledge based on them will allow for more effective activities in the area of security of conducting business.
- Entrepreneurs operating on the motor insurance market, in particular insurance companies, will benefit from the reduction of losses and costs of running a business, which in turn will translate into benefits for citizens and other entrepreneurs by eliminating one of the factors potentially contributing to insurance premium growth.
- Implementation of technical solutions covered by the project will significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of UFG operations while reducing unit costs and time for dealing with a single case managed by clients.
- An indirect, positive impact on road safety is also expected through actions that may result in hindering the turnover of technically unfit vehicles. It is also expected to improve the efficiency of other institutions responsible for road traffic safety, which will be able to take advantage of new qualitative information and results of analyzes made available by UFG. This applies, for example, to third sector institutions.
|Award category:||new solutions to complex challenges - a public sector citizen-centric, sustainable and fit for the future - european or national level|
|Type of activity:|
|Keywords:||insurance crime, fraud, fraud prevention, fraud identification, security, e-services|
|Short English description:||The project is a response to social problems and needs related to the growing phenomenon of insurance crime, globalization of criminal phenomena, while at the same time aiming to protect the interests of participants in the insurance market and citizens.|
|Organisation:||Digital Poland Project Centre|
|Level of government:||national level|
|Size of organisation:||>100|
|Number of people involved:||>15|
|EU membership:||EU member|